I want to unpack all the objects I love into a new home. I want to live in a good apartment, with good people, in a good neighborhood. I want to furnish myself a happy, beautiful, comfortable apartment that is a good space to come home to.
I want a kitchen where I can cook all my favorite foods, where I can sit alone with my meal and a good book, or with people who matter to me.
I want to curl up on the couch and watch the TV shows I like on an actual television instead of hunching over my laptop, in bed. I want to play video games alone and with my friends.
I want a bedroom with a big, comfortable IKEA mattress sitting on the bedframe with the drawers underneath. I want Expedit bookshelves and a desk and a closet where I can put all my favorite things.
I want a cat, or more than one cat, to love and hold and play with and take care of. I want a friendship with a non-human.
I want safe space, where I can be responsible (and irresponsible!) for myself, and mature and immature. I want space that is mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment