Sunday, November 29, 2009

I just got invited to discuss gender in sci-fi on one of my favorite podcasts! And it can wait until after finals so I can actually prepare!

(I tweeted the makers of the podcast in response to their recent episode about women in sci-fi about a point I disagreed with, and I got a DM inviting me to speak at some point!)

I'm going to be combing Star Trek, Firefly, Dollhouse, Star Wars, Farscape, Doctor Who, The Fifth Element, a whole slew of comics and movies based on them, ummmmm I can't think of any others. This is so exciting!

Today's song of the day : Leeds United by Amanda Palmer

Picture of the day

2 comments:

  1. Okay, please make sure to talk about how awesome Leeloo is.
    Oh, and post the link for the podcast, if you don't mind! :D (I mean, when you do it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to watch that movie again, I don't remember anything important about her specifically gender-related, aside from the fact that "a woman is the key to saving the universe from darkness". I actually think the idea that she's a beacon of light powerful enough to stop the darkness is pretty interesting, but she's not really a person. She was constructed to save the world. That's why the romance with Bruce Willis always made me uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete